This Seeded Wreath Bread with Camembert is great for sharing at lunch, the bread was made yesterday evening and the Camembert added today into the middle of the bread and warmed for around 10 minutes. Home-made warm bread and oozing melted soft cheese, perfect for a light lunch!
Seeded Wreath Bread with Camembert
Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hour 15 minutes for proving
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Serves 4-6 generously (but you may need more cheese!)
50ml warm water
10g dried yeast
500g strong white bread flour
35g unsalted butter, melted
1 Camembert round – 250g size
1 medium organic egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
1 tablespoon golden flaxseeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 50ml warm water
- 10g dried yeast
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 10g salt
- 35g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Camembert round - 250g size
- 1 medium organic egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat your oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6.Place the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl mix the yeast and warm water together.
- Add the yeast and the melted butter to the flour. Take 150ml of warm water to the flour. Mix together until you have a soft dough, adding as much water as you need.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl, covered loosely with a damp tea towel Leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Tip the dough on to a lightly floured work surface and knead, divide into three equal pieces, then roll each into a sausage shape about 60cm (23½in) long. Press them together at one end then plait the dough (like you would hair!) Place on an oiled baking sheet and join the ends to create a wreath shape around the empty wooden camembert cheese box. Cover loosely with the damp tea towel and leave to prove for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush the loaf with the beaten egg, sprinkle over the seeds and bake for 25 minutes.