These Vegan Almond Milk Flaxseed Oat cookies make a regular appearance in our cookie tin. They are free from butter, eggs, wheat, refined sugar and all dairy products. I also make a variation (linked below) with all those ingredients too, both delicious though!
These cookies are pretty rustic looking and wonderfully crunchy. They are packed with Almonds from the milk and omega 3’s from the healthy flaxseeds. They make a really healthy after school snack!
What are the health benefits of Almonds?
Almonds are a great source of anti-oxidants that help protect against oxidative stress. These powerful anti-oxidants are contained mainly in the brown outer skins which is a good reason to leave them on.
Almonds are an excellent source of magnesium and vitamin E. They are low in carbs and high in protein, fibre and healthy fats. Altogether a great ingredient in baked goods for a healthy snack.
How to make Vegan Almond Milk Flaxseed Cookies
Start by combining Almond milk with ground almonds, flaxseeds and oats in a large bowl. Then melt the coconut oil on a low heat, once melted add the maple syrup and cinnamon and stir to combine.
Pour the coconut/maple syrup mixture over the Almond milk Oat mixture and stir really well to form a dough. If you need to add more Almond milk at this stage, do to get the right consistency.
Roll pieces of the dough into small balls and place on the baking tray. Flatten each ball with a fork so they are nice and round. Bake for around 15-20 minutes until lightly browned on top. Allow to cool, make a hot steaming cup of tea, coffee or left over Almond milk and enjoy!
Can you freeze these cookies?
Yes, they freeze well for up to a month. I take a couple of cookies from each batch to freeze, then I always have a back up available.
More delicious cookie recipes:
Links to Almond recipes
- 60 ml/½ cup Almond milk
- 33 grams/⅓ cup ground almonds
- 100 grams/1 cup oats
- 50g/5 tablespoons flaxseeds/linseeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Line a baking tray with parchment baking paper.
- In a large bowl, place the Almond milk, ground Almonds, Flaxseeds/Linseeds, Oats and cinnamon and mix well to combine fully.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low heat, once melted add the maple syrup and stir in until both are combined.
- Pour the coconut/maple syrup mixture over the Almond milk Oat mixture and stir really well to form a dough.
- Add more Almond milk as necessary to reach the right consistency.
- Roll pieces of the dough into small balls and place on the baking tray. Flatten each ball with a fork so they are nice and round.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes until they lightly browned on top.
- Cool completely on a wire rack then store in an airtight container or metal biscuit/cookie tin.
These cookies do freeze well for up to a month.
Variation: Add currants/raisins and cranberries.
Amount Per Serving Calories 80Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 20mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 2g
Nutritional information is approximate.