I asked Mr ND what he would like for Valentine‘s Day, he wanted a chocolate cheesecake. To make it Valentine inspired I cut a little heart out of the middle with a cookie cutter and filled the space with raspberry jelly.
Serves: this is a small cheesecake for two to share or in our case, all for Mr ND!
Prep time around 20 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes plus cooling
125g Chocolate Digestive biscuits
45g unsalted butter, melted
50g double cream
300g soft cheese
1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
1 medium egg
40g golden caster sugar
1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
plain chocolate grated for decoration
Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
Line a 15cm springform tin with baking paper, I find springform easier to release cheesecakes intact!
– Place the chocolate digestive biscuits in a food processor and whiz up until crushed. Add the melted butter and stir into the crushed biscuits, press into your baking tin. Chill until your cheesecake filling is ready.
– Place the double cream, cream cheese, cocoa powder, egg, caster sugar and orange juice into your food processor and whiz up until smooth.
– Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base and bake for 40 minutes. Put a bowl of hot water into the oven too on a lower rack, the steam from the hot water will keep the cheesecake moist.
– Turn the oven off after 40 minutes and leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool for abour an hour or so then place the cheesecake in the fridge to cool further.
– Decorate with shavings of chocolate to your heart’s content.