These Vegan Almond Milk Flaxseed Oat cookies are free from butter, eggs, wheat, refined sugar and all dairy products. They're rustic looking and perfectly crunchy!
You can also make these cookies gluten-free by using gluten-free oats.
I also make another variation (linked below) with all those ingredients too, both delicious though!
These cookies are pretty rustic looking and wonderfully crunchy. They are packed with Almonds from the milk and omega 3's from the healthy flaxseeds. They make a really healthy after school snack!
What are the health benefits of Almonds?
Almonds are a great source of anti-oxidants that help protect against oxidative stress. These powerful anti-oxidants are contained mainly in the brown outer skins which is a good reason to leave them on.
Almonds are an excellent source of magnesium and vitamin E. They are low in carbs and high in protein, fibre and healthy fats. Altogether a great ingredient in baked goods for a healthy snack.
Ingredients for Vegan Almond Milk Flaxseed Cookies
How to make Vegan Almond Milk Cookies
- Start by combining Almond milk with ground almonds, flaxseeds and oats in a large bowl. Then melt the coconut oil on a low heat, once melted add the maple syrup and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Pour the coconut/maple syrup mixture over the Almond milk Oat mixture and stir really well to form a dough. If you need to add more Almond milk at this stage, do to get the right consistency.
- Roll pieces of the dough into small balls and place on the baking tray. Flatten each ball with a fork so they are nice and round. Bake for around 15-20 minutes until lightly browned on top. Allow to cool, make a hot steaming cup of tea, coffee or left over Almond milk and enjoy!
Can you freeze these cookies?
Yes, they freeze well for up to a month. I usually take a couple of cookies from each batch to freeze, then I always have a back up to hand.
More delicious cookie and dessert recipes:
Links to Almond recipes
Vegan Almond Milk Flaxseed Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, place the Almond milk, ground Almonds, Flaxseeds/Linseeds, Oats and cinnamon and mix well to combine fully.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low heat, once melted add the maple syrup and stir in until both are combined.
- Pour the coconut/maple syrup mixture over the Almond milk Oat mixture and stir really well to form a dough.
- Add more Almond milk as necessary to reach the right consistency.
- Roll pieces of the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork so they are nice and round.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes until they lightly browned on top.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Nutritious Deliciousness. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.