This Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp recipe delivers tender, juicy, and flavorful shrimp from the freezer to your plate in just 15 minutes. Add a simple side, and you'll have the perfect busy weeknight meal.
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for Frozen Air Fryer Shrimp
- 🔪 How to Cook Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- 💡 Tips for Making the Best Shrimp
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 What to Serve with Air Fryer Shrimp
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Can You Freeze Previously Frozen Shrimp?
- What is the Best Way to Cook Frozen Shrimp?
- How Long Does Frozen Shrimp Take in an Air Fryer?
- Does Shrimp Have to be Thawed Before Air-Frying?
- Can You Air-Fry Frozen Shrimp with the Shell on?
- 🍽️ More Air Fryer Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- Tender, juicy and perfectly seasoned shrimp
- Uses just a handful of ingredients
- From freezer to plate under 15 minutes
- Perfect last minute easy dinner idea
Got a hungry crew and forgot to thaw out something for dinner? No worries, because this air fryer frozen shrimp recipe is here to save the day. With a few simple ingredients, you can transform frozen shrimp into super flavorful, juicy, piping-hot shrimp in a matter of minutes.
Seasoned to absolute perfection, this shrimp recipe makes a scrumptious, quick, and easy lunch, hassle-free dinner, or tasty appetizer. And the best part? They're incredibly versatile, making them the ideal companion to just about any side dish or dipping sauce you can think of.
🛒 Ingredients for Frozen Air Fryer Shrimp
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Cook Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
Preheat air fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes.
Separate any shrimp that are stuck together, then add them to a mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and toss the shrimp, making sure each one is well coated.
Sprinkle the smoked paprika, garlic salt, and pepper over the top and toss again.
Add a single layer of shrimp to the basket of your air fryer. You will likely have to cook them in two batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
Air fry for 8–9 minutes, flipping halfway through, and serve. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your shrimp.
💡 Tips for Making the Best Shrimp
- Always preheat the air fryer: Just like with a regular oven, preheating your air fryer helps ensure even cooking.
- Lightly coat with oil: This helps the seasoning stick to frozen shrimp and helps them turn a pretty golden color when they’re done.
- Avoid overcrowding: For anything to cook properly in an air fryer, you need to make sure to add it in a single layer in the basket or tray.
- Choose the right size shrimp: Keep in mind that shrimp shrink when cooked. If serving them for dinner, you’ll want large or jumbo-sized shrimp.
- Check for doneness: Some air fryers cook faster than others, so keep an eye on the shrimp to avoid overcooking. They cook quickly!
☑️ Storage Instructions
Allow the cooked shrimp to cool to room temperature before transferring them to an airtight container. They'll stay fresh in the fridge for up to a couple of days.
🍴 What to Serve with Air Fryer Shrimp
If you're looking for a tasty side dish to make these shrimp a complete meal, check out these healthy sides:
- Mozzarella Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Roasted Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Turnips au Gratin
Also be sure to try serving it with these air fryer frozen potato wedges. They cook up in just 20 minutes!
Another great side that would pair well with this shrimp are these air fryer oyster mushrooms. They are perfectly crispy on the outside, and melt-in-your mouth tender inside!
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Toppings: You can finish the shrimp with a sprinkling of fresh herbs, lemon zest, or finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Sauces: Take this recipe to the next level by serving the shrimp with a tasty sauce. This homemade Tartar Sauce, Creamy Dill Sauce, Easy Bang Bang Sauce, Zesty Dipping Sauce are all wonderful options.
Can You Freeze Previously Frozen Shrimp?
Freezing shrimp that have been previously frozen can be safe. But for best results, it's best to avoid double freezing if possible. Double freezing can lead to changes in texture and flavor. If you're planning to freeze them again, it's best to do so immediately after thawing, without letting them sit at room temperature.
What is the Best Way to Cook Frozen Shrimp?
Though the air fryer is easy and super convenient, you can also bake, broil, or grill frozen shrimp. .
How Long Does Frozen Shrimp Take in an Air Fryer?
The cook time depends on the type of air fryer and the size of the shrimp. For planning purposes, you should figure on it taking between 8 and 12 minutes per pound.
Does Shrimp Have to be Thawed Before Air-Frying?
Hopefully, after you try this recipe, you'll see that you can create tasty, mouth-watering shrimp without the extra step of thawing.
These Air fryer frozen chicken wings can also be air fried completely frozen, making them so convenient as a last minute dinner!
Can You Air-Fry Frozen Shrimp with the Shell on?
While you can leave the shells on, do yourself and your dinner guests a favor by removing them first. Not only do they taste better, but peeling them beforehand means less mess at the table.
🍽️ More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- Preheat air fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes.
- Separate any shrimp that are stuck together, then add them to a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the tops and toss the shrimp, making sure each one is well coated.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika, garlic salt and pepper over 4th top and toss again.
- Add a single layer of the shrimp in the basket of your air fryer. You will likely have to cook them in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through and serve. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your shrimp.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Nutritious Deliciousness. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.