This quick and easy to make Air Fryer Roasted Garlic gives you slightly sweet, caramelized and spreadable garlic to add great flavor to so many dishes!
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- 🛒 Ingredients for Roasted Garlic
- 🔪 How to Roast Garlic in the Air Fryer
- 💡 Tips
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 Ways to Use Roasted Garlic
- How long do you put a garlic clove in the air fryer?
- How to roast garlic in air fryer?
- Can you roast in air fryer?
- Are roasted garlic healthy?
- 🍽️ More Air Fryer Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- Caramelized and spreadable roasted garlic
- Made easily in the air fryer to save time
- Uses only 3 ingredients
- Perfect for using in Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Spread on sandwiches instead of mayo
Roasting garlic not only cuts the sharp raw garlic flavor, but it brings out the natural sugars giving you a slightly sweet, caramelized flavor and buttery texture that you cannot develop any other way.
The same is true of roasted vegetables as roasting them at a high heat gives them a sweetness that turns plain veggies into something truly special.
If you've never made roasted garlic before, you are in for such a treat! Whether you are roasting garlic in the air fryer or your oven, it makes such a great addition to a wide range of dishes.
There are so many creative ways to use roasted garlic, I've given you some of my favorites down below. Once you make it yourself, I promise you will be making it again and again, yes it's just that good!
🛒 Ingredients for Roasted Garlic
- Olive oil
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
- Air fryer
- Sharp knife
🔪 How to Roast Garlic in the Air Fryer
Cut the tops off of your bulbs of garlic.
Peel away most, but not all, of the extra paper around the garlic.
Drizzle the olive oil over the tops of each bulb, making sure all the exposed cloves are well coated.
Sprinkle salt over the tops.
Tightly wrap each bulb in aluminum foil and place in the basket of your air fryer.
Air fry at 380°F for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are caramelized and the garlic is soft and spreadable. If the center isn’t caramelizing enough, you can peel back the foil, exposing the tops and roast for another 3-4 minutes.
Allow the garlic to cool before squeezing out the cloves and using them.
- Save the garlic from the cut tops to use in other recipes. They'll store well in the fridge for several days in a food storage bag.
- I would not advise making this air fryer roasted garlic without foil, as the outsides could scorch and burn before the insides are done.
- Don't try to save time by increasing the temperature, or you will run the risk of charring the garlic and now allowing the cloves to slowly roast and develop the sweet flavor you're looking for.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftover roasted garlic in an airtight container for 4-5 days on the fridge or freeze. Once you've peel the cloves away from their paper, you can add them to an airtight jar with olive oil and even add in some fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme for added flavor.
🍴 Ways to Use Roasted Garlic
- Add it to traditional hummus to boost the flavor.
- Add a few cloves to pesto sauce for a roasted sweetness.
- Take some of your favorite Italian or French bread that's been toasted and smear it all over the tops.
- Add a few cloves to your Italian meatballs mixture for deeper garlic flavor.
- Instead of using raw garlic in this homemade compound butter, use the roasted garlic. It's perfect to use on steaks, chicken, shrimp, veggies and more.
- Roasted garlic makes a great addition to your charcuterie board, especially if you're low carb or Keto.
- Add some to plain mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower to give it a deep sweet garlicky flavor.
- Add some of the cloves to this Italian Pasta Salad for added flavor.
- Smear some on your favorite store bought or homemade bagels.
- Instead of using mayonnaise, try using some on your next smash burger!
How long do you put a garlic clove in the air fryer?
Roasting an entire head of garlic works best, air fried for about 20-25 minutes.
How to roast garlic in air fryer?
You actually follow the exact same method roasting garlic. inthe air fryer as you would roasting garlic in the oven. The main difference in using your air fryer is it takes less time and you won't have to heat up your entire kitchen using your big oven.
Can you roast in air fryer?
Are roasted garlic healthy?
It sure is, though garlic has the most nutritional value when it's raw, but it's still considered healthy and even low carb once it's been roasted.
🍽️ More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pesto Salmon
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Cauliflower with Dipping Sauce
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- 3 bulbs (heads) garlic
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut the tops off of your bulbs of garlic. Peel away most, but not all, of the extra paper around the garlic.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the tops of each bulb, making sure all the exposed cloves are well coated. Sprinkle salt over the tops.
- Tightly wrap each bulb in aluminum foil and place in the basket of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 380°F for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are caramelized and the garlic is soft and spreadable. If the center isn’t caramelizing enough, you can peel back the foil, exposing the tops and roast for another 3-4 minutes.
- Allow the garlic to cool before squeezing out the cloves and using them.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Nutritious Deliciousness. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.