Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad is loaded with tender pasta and a colorful mix of veggies that's tossed in a flavorful lime vinaigrette. It's a quick and easy salad, perfect for parties or potlucks.
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad
- 🛒 Ingredients For Cowboy Caviar Pasta
- 🔪 How to Make Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad
- 💡 Tips for Making Pasta Salad
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 What to Serve with This Pasta Salad
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Is This Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad Good for You?
- Is This Recipe Suitable for a Vegan Diet?
- Can I Make This Salad in Advance?
- 🍽️ More Salad Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad
- Colorful mix of fresh veggies
- Creamy beans and cool avocado
- Tender rotini pasta
- Tossed in a flavorful lime vinaigrette
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for potlucks or BBQ’s
If you've tried this Cowboy Caviar Dip, then you've experienced that delicious explosion of flavors and textures that makes it so irresistible. This recipe uses those same ingredients and turns them into a hearty and flavorful pasta salad.
It's the perfect recipe to make in advance because the flavors get even better as it sits. And because it's so easy to transport, it's a great choice for holiday gatherings, tailgating, or taking to your next potluck dinner.
Pasta salad is always a great solution when you need a heavier side dish or a lighter main course. Other favorite pasta salad recipes are this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad and this Greek Pasta Salad.
🛒 Ingredients For Cowboy Caviar Pasta
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad
Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Add some salt and boil the pasta until it’s al dente.
Add all the cowboy caviar dressing ingredients into a bullet blender cup and blend until well combined and emulsified. Then set it aside.
Add all the ingredients of the cowboy caviar to a large mixing bowl.
Pour the dressing over the top and toss to combine.
Once the pasta is ready, drain and rinse with cold water.
Pour the pasta into the bowl with the cowboy caviar.
Toss until well combined, then allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the pasta to absorb the dressing and the flavors to meld.
💡 Tips for Making Pasta Salad
- Save time by chopping vegetables and making the dressing in advance. Then, just assemble the salad about 30 minutes before serving.
- While the salad can marinate for 30 minutes, it's even better the next day after the flavors have melded. Refrigerate the leftovers for a tasty lunch the next day.
- If you're not going to serve this salad the same day, wait to add the avocados. They can become a little mushy and even start to oxidize, the longer the salad sits.
- Cook the pasta just until it is al dente. This helps it remain firm and keeps it from getting mushy in the salad.
- Don't forget to rinse the pasta. For most pasta recipes, you'll hear that you should never rinse after cooking. But, for pasta salad recipes, rinsing the cooked pasta under cold water immediately stops the cooking process and allows it to cool down quickly. This is the only time I ever rinse my pasta.
☑️ Storage Instructions
If you're using all fresh produce, this pasta salad should stay fresh for about 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
🍴 What to Serve with This Pasta Salad
If serving as a side dish, here are some great main course suggestions that pair perfectly with this salad:
- Baked Snapper with Compound Butter
- Simple Salmon Bites
- Mediterranean Shrimp Pan Shrimp
- Air Fryer Pesto Salmon
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Protein: Add grilled chicken strips, shrimp, crispy bacon, or tofu for an extra boost of protein.
- Cheese: You can sprinkle in crumbled feta or queso fresco.
- Dressings: You can use this Homemade Italian Dressing or this easy Lemon Vinaigrette instead of the dressing in the Cowboy Caviar recipe.
- Pasta shapes: Farfalle, penne, cavatappi, fusilli, or even macaroni pasta are other shapes you can use.
- Whole grain: Use whole grain or multigrain pasta for added fiber and a nuttier flavor.
- Other veggie add-ins: Pickled red onions, sun-dried tomatoes, diced grilled zucchini, or grilled corn are great choices.
Is This Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad Good for You?
While this pasta salad does include regular pasta, it can still be considered a wholesome and well-balanced dish. It contains nutrient-dense vegetables. The dressing is made with a healthy, homemade dressing that's a much better alternative to heavy and creamy store-bought dressings.
Is This Recipe Suitable for a Vegan Diet?
This Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad can easily be adapted for a vegan diet. Simply use agave instead of honey in the dressing.
Can I Make This Salad in Advance?
Yes, you can prepare this salad in advance. It's actually recommended to allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to enhance the flavors. You can even make it the night before.
🍽️ More Salad Recipes
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Pickled Beet Salad
- Easy Egg Salad
- Grilled Peach Burrata Salad
- Thai Crunch Salad with Peanut Dressing
Cowboy Caviar Pasta Salad
- Heat a large pot of water to boil. Add some salt and boil the pasta until it’s al dente.
- Add all the ingredients of the cowboy caviar to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and rinse with cold water. Pour the pasta in the bowl with the cowboy caviar.
- Toss until well combined, then allow to sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the pasta to absorb the dressing and the flavors to meld.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Nutritious Deliciousness. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.