This incredibly delicious Whipped Feta Dip is fluffy, creamy, and full of savory cheese and zesty lemon flavors. It's an irresistible dip that's perfect with fresh veggies, crackers, and chips.
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Whipped Feta Dip Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for Whipped Feta Dip
- 🔪 How to Make Whipped Feta Dip
- 💡 Tips for Making Whipped Feta Dip
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 What to Serve Easy Feta Dip With
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Why is My Whipped Feta Dip Runny?
- How Long Does Whipped Feta Last in the Fridge?
- Can I Make Whipped Feta Without a Food Processor?
- What Can I Do If My Dip Is Too Salty?
- What Can I Use in Place of Mascarpone?
- 🍽️ More Delicious Dip Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Whipped Feta Dip Recipe
- Rich and cheesy with a hint of lemon
- Fluffy, creamy texture
- Easy to make in just 5 minutes
- Serve with homemade pita chips
If you're looking for a tasty appetizer to serve at your next party or just want a delicious way to satisfy those feta cravings, this whipped feta dip is a must! Made with a combination of mascarpone and Greek yogurt, the texture is light, fluffy, and so creamy.
This fresh, tangy, and flavorful dip is perfect for pairing with veggies, pita chips, or even spreading on sandwiches. With just a handful of simple ingredients and a quick blend in the food processor, you can whip up this delectable dip in a matter of minutes.
🛒 Ingredients for Whipped Feta Dip
- Feta cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Mascarpone cheese
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Whipped Feta Dip
Add the feta cheese, Greek yogurt, mascarpone cheese, olive oil, garlic, ground black pepper, lemon juice, and zest to the bowl of a food processor.
Blend for 3–4 minutes, stopping and scraping down the sides twice, until smooth and creamy. When you first blend, the mixture will be thick. But, as you continue blending, it will become fluffy and creamier.
Pour into a serving bowl, and add a drizzle of olive oil and your favorite seasonings over the top. I added lemon zest, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and some chopped fresh parsley to the top of mine.
Serve with pita chips and/or fresh raw veggies like bell pepper strips and English cucumber slices.
💡 Tips for Making Whipped Feta Dip
- For this dip, look for authentic Greek feta cheese, because it has unbeatable flavor and texture. You’ll also want to use fresh herbs and a good-quality olive oil to drizzle on top.
- Be sure to use cold Greek yogurt, mascarpone and feta cheese, not room temperature. They will whip up thicker when these ingredients are cold.
- I like to chill my whipped feta dip for at least 30 minutes in the fridge to allow the flavors to meld. Wait until right before serving to drizzle with olive oil.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Leftover feta dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4–5 days. The texture may stiffen somewhat once it has been chilled for several hours, so let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before serving.
🍴 What to Serve Easy Feta Dip With
Veggies: This dip is amazing with red bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, broccoli, and cauliflower florets.
Sandwiches & burgers: Add some of this dip in place of mayo or other sandwich toppings.
Pizza: Add a few dollops to the top of your favorite pizza.
Soup: Add a spoonful to the top of any of your favorite soups.
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Herbs and spices: Mix in fresh chopped herbs, like dill, parsley, chives, or mint. You can also add a pinch of dried herbs like oregano, thyme, or rosemary. Red pepper flakes give it a kick of heat.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Fold in chopped sun-dried tomatoes for a burst of color and sweet chewiness.
- Olives: You can fold in finely chopped Kalamata or green olives for added Mediterranean flair.
- Bacon or prosciutto: Crumbled bacon or finely chopped prosciutto as a topping is a delicious, savory twist.
Why is My Whipped Feta Dip Runny?
This recipe should not have a runny texture. If your feta contains a lot of moisture, place it in a sieve and let it drain before blending it. You also want to use cold feta cheese, mascarpone and Greek yogurt. This is one of the rare times where room temperature ingredients is not recommended.
How Long Does Whipped Feta Last in the Fridge?
This dip will last for about 5 days when it's kept sealed with plastic wrap in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can I Make Whipped Feta Without a Food Processor?
A food processor makes for quick work, but you can also use an electric hand mixer. If yours comes with a whisk attachment, it would work best to get a fluffy texture.
What Can I Do If My Dip Is Too Salty?
To reduce saltiness, add a bit more Greek yogurt or mascarpone. If the dip is still too salty, balance it with additional lemon juice and olive oil.
What Can I Use in Place of Mascarpone?
If you can't find mascarpone, you can use cream cheese or ricotta for a slightly different texture and flavor.
🍽️ More Delicious Dip Recipes
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Walnut Pesto
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- French Onion Dip
- Sausage Rotel Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Dip
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the feta cheese, Greek yogurt, mascarpone cheese, olive oil, garlic, ground black pepper, lemon juice and zest to the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes, stopping and scraping down the sides twice, until smooth and creamy. When you first blend the mixture will be thick, as you continue blending, it will become fluffy and creamier.
- Pour into a serving bowl and add a drizzle of olive oil and your favorite seasonings over the top. I added lemon zest, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes and some chopped fresh parsley over mine.
- Serve with pita chips and/or fresh raw veggies like bell pepper strips and English cucumber slices.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Nutritious Deliciousness. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.