These Easy Granola Parfaits are made with layers of crunchy homemade granola, creamy Greek yogurt and sweet juicy berries. It's the perfect quick and easy healthy breakfast or afternoon snack.
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Granola Parfait Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for Granola Yogurt Parfaits
- 🔪 How to Make Granola Parfaits
- 💡 Tips for Making Granola Parfaits
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Are Granola Parfaits Healthy?
- Can I Use a Lactose-free Yogurt Alternative?
- Can I Use Frozen Berries?
- Can I Add Protein Powder to the Yogurt Mixture?
- Can I Use Something Other Than Vanilla Bean Paste?
- 🍽️ More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Granola Parfait Recipe
- Layers of homemade crunchy granola
- Smooth and creamy Greek yogurt
- Mix of fresh, juicy berries
- Gluten-free, healthy breakfast or afternoon snack
- Quick and easy to make
If you typically skip breakfast because mornings are just too hectic, these parfaits are the perfect answer. Combining fresh berries, the creamy goodness of Greek yogurt, and the crunch of homemade granola, these easy-to-assemble parfaits offer a delicious solution for breakfast on the go.
A drizzle of honey is added on top, which gives them a little added sweetness without overpowering the other flavors. The parfait is a gluten-free, wholesome and healthy treat that's tasty enough to serve as a dessert.
🛒 Ingredients for Granola Yogurt Parfaits
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Homemade Granola
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh strawberries
- Vanilla bean paste
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Granola Parfaits
Add the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla bean paste to a small mixing bowl.
Whisk until well combined, then set aside.
Take two mason jars and add some of the granola to the bottoms.
Add some of the yogurt, a layer of fresh berries, and repeat the layers.
Top with a drizzle of honey, and serve.
💡 Tips for Making Granola Parfaits
This is a fail-proof recipe, but here are a few things I learned when I was making them that helped:
- Layering: When assembling the parfaits, consider using a long-handled spoon (like an ice-tea spoon) to help layer the ingredients in clean, even layers. This is especially helpful if you’re using a deeper type of container.
- Prep in advance: Prepare the granola and the yogurt mixture ahead of time. This will make it quicker and easier for you in the morning.
- Mason jar: Serving in mason jars not only looks nice, but it also allows for easy storage or for taking on the go. Seal the jars and refrigerate until ready to serve.
☑️ Storage Instructions
You can store these parfaits in airtight mason jars in the refrigerator. They can be prepared in advance and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Any more than a day can cause the granola to become soggy.
Yogurt tends to become grainy and watery when frozen, so freezing leftovers is not recommended.
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Yogurt: This recipe uses plain unsweetened Greek yogurt. But, feel free to use your favorite type, whether it's vanilla, strawberry, or another flavor you have on hand.
- Other fruit fillings: You can skip the fresh fruit and add a little Lemon Curd, Strawberry Chia Seed Jam or Raspberry Jam.
- Granola: Swap out the homemade granola for your preferred store-bought brand. However, this homemade version is so much better and healthier.
- Toasted coconut flakes: Toasted coconut flakes work great with the other flavors in the granola.
- Chocolate chips: A great way to add even more flavor is to sprinkle some semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips or shavings between the layers.
- Mint leaves: If you’re making these for a shower or special brunch, you can garnish them with fresh mint leaves.
- Other fruits: You can swap out the berries for mango, peaches, nectarines, or plums.
- Keto/Low carb: To make these parfaits low carb, swap out the granola for a low carb granola and the honey for sugar-free honey. They will be low carb and Keto friendly!
Are Granola Parfaits Healthy?
When made with the ingredients these parfaits are made with, they make an excellent healthy choice for breakfast. Yogurt provides calcium and protein in addition to other nutrients. Berries are an excellent source of nutrients, including vitamin c. Granola contains nuts and other ingredients that are great for adding fiber to your diet.
Can I Use a Lactose-free Yogurt Alternative?
Absolutely! Feel free to substitute lactose-free yogurt or other non-dairy alternatives like almond or coconut yogurt.
Can I Use Frozen Berries?
While fresh berries will give you the best texture, you can use frozen berries if that's what you have on hand. Just be aware that they may release more moisture, which can cause the parfaits to have a looser texture.
Can I Add Protein Powder to the Yogurt Mixture?
Yes! Adding protein powder is a great way to make these parfaits a complete meal replacement.
Can I Use Something Other Than Vanilla Bean Paste?
Certainly! You can use vanilla extract as a substitute for vanilla bean paste.
🍽️ More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Banana Oat Flour Pancakes
- Vegan Baked Oats
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Easy Granola Parfaits
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Nutritious Deliciousness. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.